Friday, March 4, 2011

Uhmmmm ....

Do you ever find yourself just sitting there...thinking...about absolutely nothing, and then it hits you ....BAM , right between the eyes ??? That there is something you should be doing, places you need to be, people you need to be impacting ???

I try too much. I want to please everybody, all of the time. I can't. I shouldn't. That's not my job, it's God's.

All I am suppose to do is soak in His radiant Light and Love, refresh, get to know the heart of my Creator , and as a by-product of that, people will be blessed.

A friend of mine, and the youth pastor at my church gave a message a few weeks back to our youth kids ( Eleveate Student Ministries ). He said we need to be a sponge... a well saturated sponge. a sponge that has a constant flow of water on it and a sponge that, when sqeezed, has water coming out of it. Does this make sense to you ? A dry sponge is not serving its purpose. A wet sponge that doesn't have a constant flow of water on it will eventaully dry out when the " big squeeze" comes on. In this life, we need to be immersed in God's word, soaking in all he has for us so that when the pressures come ...and they will come, my friend .... we don't run dry and dry out. My goal: to becme a well saturated sponge :) Are you up for the challenge ....

We all get busy, crazy with obligations and committments, but let's make a pact : that we will give the Lover of our souls the best of us everyday,every moment, and commit to knowing our Father's heart more than we do now. what do we have to lose ? Moreover, look at all we have to gain <3

1 comment:

  1. YESSSSS for blogging! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! And you do have a wonderful gift of helping others, it's natural for you. BUT at times it's ok to say no. EVEN to me! haha Love you!

    ReplyDelete